Sheet Pan Andouille Sausage with Roasted Winter Vegetables
Bold Andouille sausage, seasoned acorn squash, kale, fennel, and cauliflower florets roasted until golden brown. Garnished with toasted chopped pecans, pomegranate seeds, fresh parsley, and lemon zest.
SHOP THIS RECIPE
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30-45 minutes
|4 cups (about 2 squash)||Acorn squash, seeds removed, peeled, ½ inch dice|
|3 cups (about ½ a head)||Cauliflower, trimmed, cut into ½ inch florets|
|2 cups (about 1 lg. bulb)||Fennel bulb, tops removed, cut in half, sliced thin|
|4 cups, packed||Kale, stems removed, rough chopped|
|4 Tablespoons, divided||Olive oil|
|2 teaspoons, divided||Kosher salt|
|1 teaspoon, divided||Cracked black pepper|
|1 teaspoon, divided||Ground cumin|
|6 Links||Andouille sausage links|
|2 Tablespoons||Lemon juice, fresh squeezed|
|¼ cup||Italian Parsley, picked, chopped fine|
|1 Tablespoon||Lemon zest|
|1/3 cup||Pomegranate seeds|
|¼ cup||Toasted pecans, rough chopped|
|2 Tablespoons||Balsamic Glaze|
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F. If using convection oven, pre-heat to 375°F.
- In a large bowl combine diced squash, cauliflower florets, sliced fennel, 2 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tsp of kosher salt, ½ tsp of cracked black pepper, and ½ tsp of ground cumin. Mix until vegetables are completely coated and arrange on a lined baking sheet.
- In the same bowl add chopped kale 2 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tsp of kosher salt, ½ tsp of cracked black pepper, and ½ tsp of ground cumin. Mix until kale is completely coated and set aside.
- Place Andouille sausage links on top of the vegetables and bake for 15 minutes. Then carefully flip each sausage, rotate the baking sheet, and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and top evenly with seasoned kale. Return to oven for an additional 7-10 minutes or until kale is wilted and slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Garnish with chopped Italian parsley, lemon zest, pomegranate seeds, toasted chopped pecans and balsamic glaze.
- Serve immediately or hold warm up to 1 hour before serving.