Sheet Pan Pizza with Rye Barrel-Aged Red Blend Marinara Sauce
SHOP THIS RECIPE
- Robert Mondavi Private Selection Rye Barrel-Aged Red Blend, 2-4 tbsp
- Premade pizza dough
- Marinara Sauce, 5 cups
- Mozzarella, 24 oz sliced
- Soppressata, 4 oz torn into large pieces
- Fresh Basil
- Shape dough into a rough oval. Allow it rest, covered with an overturned bowl or lightly greased plastic wrap, for 15 minutes.
- Use vegetable oil pan spray to lightly grease a 9×13” baking sheet of your choice, then drizzle olive oil into the bottom. Wipe out any excess oil.
- Place dough in the prepared pan. Press it over the bottom of the sheet, stretching it towards the edges. Leave the dough to rest for another 10-15 minutes, then continue patting/stretching. Dough should reach corners of the pan.
- Allow the dough to rise until noticably puffy, covered for about 90 minutes if it hasn’t been refrigerated – or up to 2 hours if the dough has been chilled.
- Empty marinara into a bowl and add 2-4 tablespoons of Rye Barrel-Aged Red Blend, tasting at 2 tbsp to decide whether to add more.
- Preheat oven to 450°F, then parbake for 10 minutes.
- Remove crust from the oven and spread your desired layer of marinara sauce over the dough, add cheese, then your chosen toppings!
- Return to the pizza to the oven and bake on the upper oven rack for an additional 10 to 15 minutes until the crust is nicely browned, both top and bottom and the cheese is melted. Check midway through and move pizza to the bottom rack if the top is browning too much, or the bottom not enough.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and transfer it from the pan to a rack to cool slightly before serving. For easiest serving, cut with scissors.